This post contains affiliate links for which I could earn commission if you clickand buy.
In fact, Tramontina is an old brand founded more than a century ago in Brazil, while Tramontina USA has existed since 1986 and is based in Texas. They have a factory in the United States that makes some of their cooking utensils of different models from imported parts. Below you will find some reviews of Tramontina kitchenware with a non-stick coating that are popular with consumers.
Non-adhesive kitchen utensils Tramontina Tests
Tramontin Ceramic overview
As the name suggests, this is a line of Tramontine ceramic tableware. You will receive it in a nice kit of 10 pieces, which consists of the following items:
- 8-inch frying pan
- 10 inch frying pan
- 11-inch frying pan with lid
- 1,5 quarter pan covered with sauce
- Three-quarter frying pan with sauce
- Dutch 5-room stove
==> Cheque price
Tramontina Ceramica is made of heavy aluminium, porcelain enamel on the outside and non-stick ceramics on the inside. This means it is free of PFOA, PTFE, lead and cadmium to ensure a healthy and balanced kitchen.
The glass covers are resistant to high temperatures and shocks. The lids are made of cast stainless steel, but with silicone accents at the bottom for comfort and a soft touch. It is advertised as dishwasher and oven-proof up to 350°F. You can use it if you have a gas, electric and ceramic hob. Not suitable for induction hobs.
For this study of Tramontica Ceramica we investigated all pros and cons. On the positive side:
- Made in Italy – When you feel comfortable, this Tramontina ceramic tableware is made in Italy, assembled and packaged in the United States. This is a change from many other ceramic tableware that is normally made in China, such as the famous Pioneer Woman tableware.
- Non-stick coating – pans and food with a non-stick coating will leak. However, care must be taken to protect the coating and extend its life.
- Attractive – The exterior is made of porcelain enamel, giving it a smooth, modern look. It’s like a Rachael Ray crockery, but with a ceramic interior instead of Teflon.
- Honey is an expensive pottery service. WearEver Pure Living sells for at least $50 less and with more parts.
- Light fries – The dishes are quite fragile compared to stainless steel. The coating can easily tear, which means that the utmost care must be taken with its appearance.
- Stains indoors – Because the covering of ceramic tiles is light in colour, stains will develop over time. The coating also wears out quickly with intense flames and is often placed in the dishwasher. Although the dishwasher is advertised as safe, it is always advisable to wash the dishes by hand to prolong the life of the dishes.
We do not recommend the purchase of Tramontina Ceramica because of the high price due to the fragility of the utensils (typical of ceramic pots and pans). If you are determined to avoid Chinese food, there are many other options on the market at a much lower price.
Tremontina rigid anodized kitchenware
At the time of writing this article the enormous anodized shells of Tramontine were even cheaper than the above mentioned ceramics. The hard anodised kit is also coated with a non-stick coating and is available as a 15-component kit with the following components:
- 8-inch saucepan
- 10 inch saucepan
- 12-inch round grid
- 5.5-Quart Internal Deep Melting Ship
- Frying pan 2 quarters with sauce
- Casserole 3 quarters
- 4 quarter pan
- Dutch 5-room stove
- 8-quarter ship
==> Cheque price
Rigid anodised shells are supplied in a dark grey colour, which is due to a production process in which the aluminium is treated to make it more difficult. The result is stronger dishes than normal pots and pans. It is also less sensitive to scratches and therefore retains its appearance longer than other types of cookware.
Platinum Teflon is used as an inner coating for the hard anodized Tramontina shells. Platinum Teflon is DuPont’s most scratch- and wear-resistant non-stick coating to date. It must be able to withstand cooking with metal tools and washing with three layers of sandpaper. However, Tramontina always recommends washing these plates by hand and using nylon, silicone or wooden plates to avoid damaging the hob.
The lids are made of tempered glass with stainless steel edges. The handles are ergonomically shaped and made of cast stainless steel with rivets. Oven safe up to 350°F, this hard anodised cookware is only compatible with gas, electric and glass ceramic hobs, not with induction.
So, you need to buy a set of hard anodized Tramontin utensils? Finally, the professionals:
- Made in the USA – These are dishes made in the USA from imported components. In fact, very little non-stick cookware is produced in the United States, which is actually the exception rather than the rule.
- Long lifespan – complaints about sticky cookware are much less than complaints about other types of non-sticky cookware.
- Competitive prices – At the time of writing, the price of a set of 15 copies is close to the price of 14 copies of T Fal Ultimate. It may be more expensive, but the difference is not as big as one would expect from a culinary set from the United States.
Well, there are pros and cons to hard anodized Tramontin shells:
- Teflon layer – You cannot peel off the Teflon layer if you need cooking utensils with a longer shelf life. But compromise is a health risk.
- Hand wash only – with this set you won’t feel comfortable putting pots and pans in the dishwasher.
In summary: If you do not object to the use of Teflon as an internal coating, it is worth purchasing Tramontina Hard anodised cookware. What it does in America is a bonus for greater customer peace of mind in terms of safety standards and quality control.
Tramontina Frying Pan Tramontina Non-stick Restaurant Fair
If you look at the name, it becomes clear that this pan is designed for the high degree of use in a large kitchen. Thanks to its heavy aluminium rail construction, you can use it for baking, scraping, making sauces and searching. The aluminium core will distribute the heat quickly and evenly.
==> Cheque price
The non-stick coating on the inside is reinforced and contains no PFOA. This is a three-layer system with a much higher proportion of special reinforcement materials in the base layer to pass the wear test. The appearance has a satin surface. The handle is made of cast stainless steel, which is not a double rivet but a triple rivet. A removable silicone handle is included in the delivery.
The frying pan is compatible with gas, electric and glass ceramic ovens. There is also a dishwasher and an oven, which can work up to 400° F.
So is it worth buying a professional, non-stick Fry-Tramontin restaurant? The benefits:
- Made in USA – Just like your anodized cookware, this pot is made in the USA with imported parts.
- Slippery surface – The inner lining is smooth and the food does not stick when cooked. This also makes cleaning easier.
- Silicone handle – Removable silicone for the handle – a pleasant feeling of comfort.
- Good weight – The frying pan is not as heavy as cast iron bowls, but it is also not fragile and light. The 12-inch frying pan weighs about 2.8 pounds.
The downside is that
- Long stem – The stem is long and wide. Some people have difficulty putting them away or putting them in the dishwasher.
- You can’t use high temperature – This is a professional commercial frying pan, but you still can’t use high temperature to protect the non-stick coating and prevent it from warping.
The non-stick properties seem to be good and there are few complaints that the cooking surface becomes sticky and flaky. The price is comparable to that of the classic hard anodised tableware by Chef Cuisinart, but you have the advantage that the Tramontina is made in America.
Excellent suggestions for Tramontin? Not to be missed:
tramontina ceramic cookware reviews,is tramontina cookware safe,best non stick frying pan 2018,tramontina nonstick saute pans,best cookware set,best non stick pan,tramontina porcelain enamel review,best non stick pan without teflon
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.