Cutting cheese is an art few of us master. If you’ve ever tried to cut cheese and it crumbled, you’re not the only one feeling the frustration!
Fortunately, it will be much easier for you with a better slice of cheese. If you think you can use any kitchen knife, you’ve got it all wrong! A normal knife does not come with a blade suitable for cheese, especially if the cheese is delicate.
In the rest of this article we will show you how to choose the best options and, most importantly, we will list some of the best options. There are many options, but you should not use this as an excuse to buy any piece.
What are the advantages of a cheese cutting head?
If you are still not convinced that the cheese slicer is one of the best kitchen utensils, here are some of the advantages that can get you looking for the cheese slicer in no time:
- Successive Acronyms: One of the best things about the cheese slice is that the results are consistent. The thickness or thinness of the slabs is even.
- Proposed: If you need to put cheese slices in a shop or on a buffet table, a slice is a good investment. It makes the cheese more attractive because it makes clean cuts.
- Time saving: Another good reason to use a cheese slicer is to save time and effort. This is especially important if you often have to slice or dice the cheese.
What types of cheese slices are available?
Once you start looking for the best cheese slicer, the first thing you need to know is the different varieties available. Once you have become familiar with these types, it is easier to decide which one is best suited to your needs.
- Cheese plane: This type is supplied with a sloping cutting knife with sharp edge and flat surface. The cheese slicer looks like an airplane, that’s why it’s called an airplane.
- Cheese slicer: As the name indicates, it comes with a coil attached to a parallel wire. The stainless steel wire is replaceable, so even if you break it, you don’t have to worry.
- Cheese cutting board: It is the largest of the three and also the most elegant in appearance. The base is a plank, usually made of wood, stainless steel or marble. There’s a pin and a wire. The plate can also be used twice as a serving dish for cheese.
Tips for cutting cheese on the right track
It’s useful to have the right amount, but it’s not enough. To get the best slices of cheese, here are the main points to keep in mind:
- Before using the cheese slicer, check that it is clean. Dirt, oil and bacteria affect the quality of your cheese, especially its taste.
- Pay attention to the type of cheese. Note that different types of cheese require different slices. If you have hard cheese, cut it lengthwise into rectangular blocks. The triangular cheese must be cut into rectangular slices. For the round cheese, first cut the whole cheese in four and then in half.
- It is also better to wait until the cheese is at room temperature before cutting it. This makes it softer and easier to cut.
- Slowly cut it off. Follow the single, steady movement.
Important considerations when looking for a better cheese
If you are trying to make a purchase decision, here are some of the most important things to consider:
- Easy to use: It is important to choose what is most suitable for the user, so that cutting the cheese is not a difficult task. For example, it should be easy, especially if you use it often.
- Manipulate: This is one of the most important parts of a cheese slicer. Wood, plastic and rubber are widely used materials. It should not only be aesthetically but also ergonomically designed so that you don’t complain about discomfort. The pen should also be non-slip.
- Sheet: If the cheese slicer has a blade, e.g. for flat cheese, make sure that the blade remains sharp so that it can easily slide over the different types of cheese. It must also be resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Wire: On the other hand, if you have a wire cutter to cut the cheese, it must also be made of a solid material, usually stainless steel. A good choice would be a stainless steel that is sharp enough to cut many types of cheese.
- Adaptability: It is also a good idea to choose one where you can adjust the thickness of the slabs. You must be able to adjust the cuts at will, which can usually be done simply by changing the cutting angle.
- Safety: Also pay attention to the protective properties of the cutting head of the cheese. The non-slip handle is one of the best ways to make sure you cut the cheese and not cut into your fingers. If you have a cheese slicer, the floor must have a rubber base to prevent it from slipping.
- Easy cleaning: Taking care of a slice of cheese should also be easy for you. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s well maintained so you can always count on its performance.
- Durability: To get the best value for money, you need to make sure it’s made of durable and hard-wearing materials. Even after years of use, the cutting machine should still offer excellent functionality.
- Warranty: The standard warranty offered by most manufacturers is one year. The best one is the one with a lifetime warranty against defects and malfunctions, which should give you peace of mind.
- Examinations: If you’re still struggling to decide which cheese slicer is the best, you can go online and read reviews like this. It will be easier for you to limit the options available to you.
Our selection of the best slices of cheese
If you have no idea what the best choice is, here are some of the options to consider.
1. Bellemain cheese disc, adjustable in thickness
Kitchenware doesn’t have to be expensive to be of exceptional quality. This is one of the products that proves this statement.
With this wire cutter you have full control over its use because it is adjustable. Even for thin papers this is possible with almost no effort.
A solid construction is also a positive point that guarantees durability. The housing is made of a carbide zinc alloy, which offers excellent resistance and guarantees its functionality for many years.
To ensure even better value for money, even if it is affordable, the package already includes two durable stainless steel cutting wires.
This product is covered by a full manufacturer’s warranty of one year.
2. Westmark Germany Cheese wire grinder made of high-grade stainless steel
One of the best things about this cheese slicer is the price. It is one of the most affordable, making it ideal for the price-conscious buyer.
To make sure this product is sustainable, it is good to know that it was made in Germany and by a company known as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of kitchen utensils. The handle is made of cast aluminum, the coil and wire are made of high quality stainless steel.
This is a cheese slicer with an adjustable angle disk. Just change the angle of the ergonomic handle to change the thickness of the cut.
Finally, the manufacturer offers a five-year limited warranty for your safety. If you are not satisfied with the disk, you will be unconditionally refunded!
3. NorproControlled High Performance Cheese Slicer
The handle and knife of this cheese cutter are made of a high quality, very strong zinc alloy. They will last a long time without requiring too much care or service from you.
The cutting wire, on the other hand, is made of stainless steel. The set contains an extra wire.
It is also user-friendly because you can easily adjust the thickness of the slabs to be produced.
It is also compact and portable, making it easy to handle. It does not take up too much space in the office when not in use.
4. Bjorklund cheese slice
The simplicity of this slice of cheese caught our attention. It has no frills, which also explains why it is affordable and easy to use.
The part that cuts the cheese is made of resistant stainless steel. The pen, on the other hand, is a first-class tree that offers excellent contrast. The wooden handle has a streamlined shape that makes it comfortable to hold.
It is a product manufactured by a Norwegian company that has existed since 1925, which gives you the assurance that its quality will indeed be difficult to compare.
5. Food processor and disc for Basix cheese
Another impressive option that affects the budget is this plane and the slicer that is suitable for any type of cheese. Whether it’s cheddar or blue cheese, cutting it won’t cost you much.
The cheese slicer is made of high quality stainless steel, which gives you the certainty that it will work for many years. Its reflective and glossy surface gives it an elegant appearance. It can also be resistant to rust and stains.
The hilt on the other hand is made of thick but soft rubber. It lies perfectly in the hand and does not cause any discomfort.
After all, it comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. There is no risk when buying this product as you can be refunded if you are not satisfied.
6. OXO Slicer for good cheese
Whether it is a thick or thin cheese, one click is all it takes to cut it with this product. The stainless steel wire is responsible for this. The rope is easy to place and a tensioning wheel is also available. Allows you to tension or release the wire as desired.
The main material used in this cheese slicer is die-cast zinc, which is both light and durable.
The handle has an ergonomic design that makes it easy and comfortable to hold.
Two spare wires are also included.
7. Sales 805B Cheese slices
The way this work works is different than mentioned above. It has a beech wood plank that looks attractive. There is a cutting handle and a handle on the side. The strawberries, on the other hand, are made of stainless steel.
The non-slip underlayer is also a positive point. No matter how much pressure is applied when cutting the cheese, you can be sure that the shelf remains stable.
To make it a good choice for cutting cheese, it is guaranteed for life against breakage. That’s more than enough to guarantee your satisfaction.
Now that you have finished reading and reviewing this buying guide, we hope it will be easier for you to choose the best cheese slicer. Learn to look beyond price. Instead of focusing on costs, you need to look at the overall quality and performance of the product to ultimately make the right decision.
america's test kitchen best cheese slicer,best cheese slicer wirecutter,bellemain cheese slicer,adjustable cheese slicer,westmark cheese slicer,cheese slicer board,professional cheese slicer,westmark germany multipurpose stainless steel cheese and food slicer
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.